- The Markham Civic Centre, 8100 Warden Avenue and 555 Miller Avenue are closed until April 5, 2020
- All community centres are closed until April 5, 2020
- All library branches are closed until April 5, 2020
- All culture sites – Varley Art Gallery of Markham, Flato Markham Theatre and Markham Museum – are closed until April 5, 2020
- All fire stations
are closed to the public until April 5, 2020
- Emergency response is unaffected
- Markham Cares Food Bank donations accepted at front entrance
- All programs and drop-ins – including March Break camps – are suspended until April 5, 2020 and refunds will be issued
- The following public meetings have been cancelled for March:
- General Committee
- Development Services Committee
- Committee of Adjustment
- Heritage Committee
- Accessibility Committee
- All advisory committees
- City-produced events have been cancelled for March and will be rescheduled, as appropriate
- The City continues to receive Bylaw and Business Licensing inquiries by telephone or email.
- The Bylaw Enforcement, Licensing and Regulatory Services Division will continue to review all inquiries and complaints to ascertain whether it is safe to arrange for a face-to-face meeting to maintain essential services.
- Non-essential services and business licensing issuance and renewals may be deferred to a later date at the discretion of the Licensing Officer.
- Parking enforcement will continue with a focus on public safety and accessible parking.
- For more information on Bylaw Enforcement, Business Licensing or Parking Control, contact 905.477.5530 or email@example.com.
Garbage & Recycling
Curbside organic, garbage and recycling collection will continue according to the 2020 Collection Schedule.
Collection of leaf and yard material has been delayed, and is now scheduled to begin on May 19.
Until further notice, the Markham Depot is the only location operating and will only accept materials (no transactions or exchanges of bins). Unionville, Milliken and Thornhill Depots are closed.
Markham Depot Hours of Operation:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday: 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Thursday: Noon to 8:00 PM
Taxes & Financial Services
The Cash Counters are closed to the public. The public is encouraged to use eProperty Tax online services to complete their transaction or at their financial institution.
- You can also pay by cheque using the Drop Box which is located outside the Markham Civic Centre (Thornhill Entrance). Please include your contact information including email address so City staff can provide a receipt.
- For Development Charges that require payment by cheque, please ensure you include the bill number on the cheque. The cheque must be deposited into a drop box located outside the Markham Civic Centre (Thornhill Entrance).
- Please do not leave Cash in the dropbox.
- Our Accounts Payable staff will continue to process invoices.
- Our Procurement staff will continue operations.