ACCESSIBLE & ACCOUNTABLE TO YOU
These words are often just thrown around because they sound good – the right thing to say. My record shows
- During my tenure I held monthly ‘Coffee Klatch’ drops-ins where residents from all parts of Thornhill were able to come by and discuss any issue of concern to them.
- I organized and hosted annual Budget Town Hall meetings giving residents the opportunity to hear a presentation from Markham Finance staff, ask questions and provide input. I also sent out an annual Budget questionnaire to residents asking for your opinions on City services and where our financial priorities should be directed.
- Organized and hosted Town Hall events on other important issues such as: Cell Phone towers; Traffic Transit & Gridlock; new park naming, and others.
- Regular electronic updates on Road Maintenance and Construction to help Thornhill residents better plan their travel routes.
- Regular electronic newsletters highlighting relevant local and city-wide issues to keep residents informed.
- Organized annual community clean-up of signs and cleaning of vandalized public property.
- Annual Appreciation Breakfast for Thornhill seniors
- Annual Summerfest Movie in the Park
- Annual Ball Hockey Tournament
Being ‘accountable’ means providing you with accurate information in a timely fashion. More importantly, it also means explaining why I take various positions and how I have voted on particular issues.